This position is available 100% remote. Our offices are in Stockholm, but you can work from anywhere in the EU!
We're looking for a data engineer who wants to build data driven services that will help tens of thousands of companies to deliver digital post and receipts to millions of users.
At Kivra, we are building services that connect over 5 million people, by providing a safe and accessible digital infrastructure that everyone in Sweden can trust and use. At the same time, we are saving trees - reducing the paper that is printed and transported - by providing a better digital alternative to physical paper communication.
What you'll do
You will join a small team of data engineers, scientists and analysts, that are responsible for building and maintaining resilient and scalable data infrastructure.
We have a clean, modern and agile tech stack built on Google Cloud Platform (we use BigQuery heavily). We use Terraform for managing our infrastructure-as-code, and use Github Actions for CI/CD. Data modelling is done in dbt, and visualisation is done in Tableau.
Your role will be to:
- Help develop, build, maintain and improve this data pipeline
- Use your knowledge and expertise to work with data stakeholders to make data easily accessible and available to product and functional teams in Kivra (this data is used for, amongst others, business intelligence, analytics, reporting and billing)
As a team, we have full ownership and autonomy over what and how we build our solutions - from idea and design, to implementation and operations. We are responsible for our solutions end-to-end.
This role requires that you are physically working from within the EU.
Who you are
You have the relevant experience and qualifications. You want to join a fun, young team, and work hands-on in a high-paced environment with fast decision making. You are analytical and like solving problems.
Furthermore we think that you:
- Have experience working with data pipelines in cloud environments
- Have experience in programming (Java, Scala, Python and/or Golang)
- Are familiar with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD, and have worked in an environment which utilised this in your daily work
- Have experience in data modelling and orchestration.
- Have an understanding of the implications of GDPR for data processing and storage
It's an added bonus if you:
- Have experience working with data pipelines based on the Google Cloud Platform (Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud SQL)
- Have previous experience with Terraform and/or Github Actions
- Have experience with Airflow
- Are familiar with Kafka or Pulsar, and the principles and concepts of event-driven architecture; and can help drive good practices within Kivra (event creation and domain models)
Kivra offers a role in a caring and committed team, in a company that is growing and continuously innovating. You’ll join a warm and friendly culture that thrives on collaboration and teamwork. You will be involved in shaping and influencing a product currently used by more than half of Sweden’s population.
We offer competitive remuneration and great benefits. We offer remote work anywhere within the EU, however you are always welcome to join us in our vibrant office located in central Stockholm.
How to apply
Easy peasy, just send in your CV and cover letter as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the role or the recruitment process don’t hesitate to contact Sarah Ohlsson, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.